10 Little Facts About Akbar the Great
|Full name||Abul-fath Jalal-ud-din Muhammad Akbar|
|Born||5 October 1542, Umerkot|
|Died||27 October 1605, Fatehpur Sikri|
|Cause of Death||Dysentery|
|Akbar Wives||Maryam-uz-Zamani > Salima Sultan Begum > Ruqaiya Begum > Bibi Salima Sultana > Bibi Mariam > Bibi Khiera|
|Parents||Hamida Banu Begum > Humayun|
|Children||Hassan Mirza > Hussain Mirza > Jahangir > Khanum Sultan Begum > Murad Mirza > daniyal mirza > Shakar-un-Nissa Begum > Aaram Banu Begum > Shams-un-Nissa Begum > Mahi Begum|
|Government||11 February 1556 – 27 October 1605|
|Tomb||Sikandra, Agra, Uttar Pradesh|
Top 10 Interesting Facts About Akbar the Great
1. Akbar was only 13 years old at the time of Humayun’s death. And Akbar sat on the Mughal throne at the age of 13.
2. Akbar’s real name was Jalaluddin Muhammad, later his people were happy with him and called him Akbar and then Jalal’s name became Jalaluddin Muhammad Akbar.
3. From childhood, Akbar used to learn to fight, attack, and hunt, due to which he later became a very brave and great emperor.
4. Akbar started a new religion, Din-e-Ilahi. meaning (Persian: “God’s Religion”, “Religion of God”, or “divine religion”)
5. Akbar built a temple and kitchen for Jodha Bai in his palace.
6. Akbar built the Diwan-i-Aam to talk to the common people.
7. Akbar formed a parliament named NavRatnas. It included very intelligent people:- Abdul Rahim, Abdul Fazal, Birbal, Faizi, Hamim Human, Raja Man Singh, Shaikh Mubarak, Tansen, Todar Mal.
8. On 5 November 1556, the Second Battle of Panipat took place. Bairam Khan is leading Akbar’s army. Akbar defeated Hemu in this war and captured Delhi and Agra completely.
9. Akbar abolished the Jaziya tax in 1563-64.
10. Akbar got Akbarnama written in which (Akbar the Great) wrote about his whole life. Akbarnama was written by Abu Fazl. who was the vizier of the Mughal emperor Akbar