10 Fast Facts About Bahadur Shah Zafar II
|Full Name||Mirza Abu Zafar Siraj-ud-din Muhammad Bahadur Shah Zafar II|
|Role||Indian Rebellion of 1857|
|Born||24 October 1775, Shahjahanabad, Mughal Empire (present-day Old Delhi, India)|
|Death||7 November 1862 (aged 87), Rangoon, Burma Province, British India|
|Cause of Death||Paralysis in the region of his throat|
|Tomb||Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)|
|Parents||Akbar Shah II > Lal Bai|
|Spouse||Taj Mahal > Zinat Mahal > Sharaful-Mahal > Akhtar Mahal > Rahim Bakhsh Bai > Hanwa|
|Children||Mirza Dara Bakht > Mirza Mughal > Mirza Fath-ul-Mulk Bahadur > Mirza Khizr Sultan > Mirza Jawan Bakht > Mirza Shah Abbas > Mirza Abu Bakr|
6 Interesting Facts about Bahadur Shah Zafar II
1. Bahadur Shah Zafar was the last Mughal Emperor. Who ruled from 1837 to 1857.
2. Bahadur Shah Zafar fought the Rebellion of 1857 (the first war of independence) against British rule; Bahadur Shah Zafar lost this war because of some traitors. And the British completely occupied India.
3. Bahadur Shah Zafar was arrested by the British on 20 September 1857 and sent to Yangon, Myanmar.
4. After arresting Bahadur Shah Zafar, the British tried him, and till then, he was kept as an ordinary prisoner in the Red Fort, and when he was hungry, he was served the heads of his sons on a plate.
5. Bahadur Shah Zafar was a great poet; this was his last poem.n(How unlucky is ‘Zafar’ to be buried “even two yards of land was not found in Ku-e-yaar”)
6. Bahadur Shah Zafar’s last wish was to be buried in Delhi, India, after his death, but the British did not allow his wish to be fulfilled, and after his death, he was buried in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma).