On This Day in History 02 May
What Happened On This Day in History
- 1924: The Netherlands refused to recognize the Soviet Union.
- 1933: Hitler banned unions in Germany.
- 1945: German troops’ parents in Italy surrendered.
- 1949: Trail begins for the assassinations of Mahatma Gandhi.
- 1950: France handed over its colony Chandranagar near Kolkata to the Government of India.
- 1952: De Havilland, the world’s first jet aircraft, made its first flight from London to Johannesburg.
- 1959: First thermoplastic plant opened at Rishra
- 1968: Lok Sabha past public provident fund Bill.
- 1986: 30-year-old Ann Bancroft of America become the first woman to reach the north pole.
- 1997: Tony Blair, leader of Britain’s labor party, takes over as first Prime Minister. After 1820 he becomes the youngest Prime Minister of the country.
- 1999: Mireya Mosocos was appointed as the first female President of Panama.
- 2003: India proclaims to re-established diplomatic relations with Pakistan. The relationship was served following the December 2001 terrorist attack on parliament.
- 2018: WHO declared the Indian city of Kanpur the world’s most populated city and in the top 20 along with 14 other Indian cities.
Famous Peoples Borns and Deaths On This Day in History
- 1921: Padma Bhushan, Padma Vibhushan, Bharat Ratna, and Oscar Award-winning filmmaker, director, and writer Satyajit Ray was born.
- 1922: Wilson Jones,a professional billiards player from India, was born.
- 1929: Indian politician and litterateur Vishnu Kant Shastri was born.
- 1519: The great painter Leonardo da Vinci died.
- 1985: Banarsidas Chaturvedi died. He was a famous journalist and literature.