Skip to content
On This Day in History | Today 23 May
What Happened On This Day in History
- 1945: Heinrich Himmler, head of the German dictator Hitler’s anti -Jewish intelligence service, commits squad in the custody of the international joint forest.
- 1951: China annexes Tibet as an autonomous region.
- 1976: Extremists of north Maluka origin entered Prime school and its train in North Holland and took many people hostage. It took twenty days to resolve this Crisis through commando action.
- 1986: US and West European countries veto proposal of heavy sanctions against South Africa.
- 1994: A stampede in Saudi Arabia killed 270 pilgrims.
- 2004: 250 people drowned after a boat capsized in the Meghna river due to a storm in Bangladesh.
- 2008: India successfully test-fried the surface-to-surface missile ‘Prithvi-2’.
- 2009: Former South Korean president ‘RO Moo Hyun’, han committed by corruption charge, committed squad by lapping from The hills near his home.
- 2010: Supreme court did not consider women and men to live together without wearing.
- 2019: 50 children wear rescued from an international pedophile on the Dark Web in Thailand, Australia, and the US by Interpol under operation Blackwist. It cheif organizer was sentenced to146 years.
- 2014: Russia and China exercised veto power in the United nation security council to establish the international criminal court for war crimes in sariya.
- 2016: India Space Research Organization (ISRO) launches the space shuttle RLV-TD med entry into India from Sriharikota Space Centre in Andhra Pradesh..
Borns On This Day in History
- 1848: Otto Lilienthal was born to teach humans how to fly for the first time by making them gliders even before the Wright brothers of America.
- 1919: Queen Mother Gayatri Devi of the Jaipur royal family was born.
Deaths On This Day in History
- 1844: Sayyid Ali Mohammed Shirazi, an important religious figure of the Bahà’ì sect, climbed to have in granted in iron at the age of 24. The country’s government sentenced him to death.
- 1930: Famous Indian historian and archaeologist Rakhaldas Bandyopadhyay died.
- 2011: Chandrabali Singh, an excellent quality translator with became a writer, died.
- 2019: six migrant children died in US custody in 8 months demanding an investigation.