Facts About Zachary Taylor
|Presidency||Zachary Taylor, 12th President of United States, (March 4, 1849 – July 9, 1850)|
|Political Party||Whig Party|
|Born||Barboursville, Virginia, on November 24, 1784, in the U.S|
|Died||Washington, United States, around July 9, 1850, at age 65.|
|Cause of Death||stomach condition|
|Grave||Zachary Taylor National Cemetery, Louisville, Kentucky, United States|
|Parents||Richard Taylor and Sarah Dabney|
|Spouse||Margaret Smith (m. 1810)|
|Children’s||Richard, Mary, and Sarah|
More About Zachary Taylor
- He was a descendent of Elder William Brewster who sailed aboard the mayflower.
- He was a hero of the Mexican War.
- He was known as “Old Rough and Ready”.
- January 24th 1848 Gold was discovered at Sutter’s Mill in California – the start of the Gold rush.
- He died of heart stroke after dressing himself in a black high-collar suit for the July4, 1850 dedication of the Washington Monument.
List of Presidents in the United States