Facts About Ulysses S. Grant
|Presidency||Ulysses S. Grant, 18th President of United States, (March 4, 1869–March 4, 1877)|
|Political Party||Republicans |
|Born||On April 27, 1822, in Point Pleasant, Ohio, U.S|
|Died||At the Ulysses S. Grant House Federal Historical Property in Gansevoort, New York, America, he passed away on July 23, 1885|
|Cause of Death||Throat Cancer|
|Grave||General Grant National Memorial, New York, NY|
|Parents||Hannah Simpson Grant > Jesse Root Grant|
|Spouse||Julia Dent Grant is their (m. 1848–1885)|
|Children’s||Ulysses S. Grant Jr. > Jesse Root Grant > Nellie Grant > Frederick Dent Grant|
More About Ulysses S. Grant
- Ulysses S. Grant hadn’t wanted to be a soldier.
- Grant has a reputation as a drunk.
- Grant briefly owned a slave before freeing him.
- He accepted Robert E. Lee’s surrender to end the American Civil War.
- He was Soldier, Politician and statesman.
List of Presidents in the United States