Facts About Martin Van Buren
|Presidency||Martin Van Buren, 8th President of United States, (4 March 1837 – 4 March 1841)|
|Political Party||Democratic Party|
|Born||December 5, 1782, throughout Kinderhook, Nyc|
|Died||July 24, 1862, near Kinderhook, New York|
|Cause of Death||Pneumonia|
|Grave||Graveyard for the Kinderhook Protestant Church|
|Parents||Abraham Van Buren > Maria Hoes Van Buren|
|Spouse||Hannah Van Buren (married during 1807–1819)|
|Children’s||John Van Buren > Martin Van Buren, jr > Abraham van Buren > Winfield Scott Van Buren > Smith Thomps Van Buren|
More About Martin Van Buren
- He is the only U.S. President to have spoken English as a second language. His primary preference is Dutch.
- He created one of the first political machines founded the Albany Regency with a few other local politicians.
- He was the first president to be born as a citizen of the United States.
- He opposed not only the creation of a new Bank of the United States but also the placing of Government funds in state banks.
- His hobbies are horse racing and gambling on horse racing.
List of Presidents in the United States