Facts About James A. Garfield
|Presidency||James A. Garfield, 20th President of the United States (March 4, 1881–September 19, 1881)|
|Political Party||Republican Party|
|Born||November 19, 1831, James A. Garfield was born in Moreland Hills, Ohio|
|Died||September 19, 1881, near Elberon, Long Branches, New Jersey at age 49|
|Cause of Death||Gunshot|
|Grave||Lake View Cemetery, OH|
|Parents||Eliza Ballou Garfield > Abram Garfield|
|Spouse||Lucretia Garfield (m. 1858–1881)|
|Children’s||James Rudolph, Edward, Mary, Harry Augustus, Abram, and Eliza Garfield|
More About James A. Garfield
- He was the poorest man ever to have become president.
- He was the first left-handed president.
- His presidency was short-lived due to the assassination attempt.
- He didn’t get particularly great medical care after being shot.
- Alexander Graham Bell tried to save his life.
List of Presidents in the United States