Facts About Harry S. Truman
|Presidency||Harry S. Truman, 33rd President of United States, (12 April 1945 – 20 January 1953)|
|Political Party||Democratic Party|
|Born||8 May 1884, Lamar, Missouri, United States|
|Died||26 December 1972, Research Medical Center, Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Cause of Death||Heart failure|
|Grave||Harry S. Truman Presidential Library & Museum, Independence, Missouri, United States|
|Parents||John Anderson Truman > Martha Ellen Young Truman|
|Spouse||Bess Truman (m. 1919–1972)|
|Children’s||Margaret Truman Daniel|
More About Harry S. Truman
- Harry S. Truman was the only president born in Missouri.
- Harry S. Truman dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.
- Truman was known for his strong leadership and plain-spoken style.
- Truman was a prolific writer and his correspondence is now a valuable historical resource.
- Truman enjoyed playing cards and trips on the presidential yacht Williamsburg.
List of Presidents in the United States