Facts About Chester A. Arthur
|Presidency||Chester A. Arthur, 21st President of the United States (September 20, 1881 – March 4, 1885)|
|Political Party||Republican Party|
|Born||October 5, 1829, Fairfield, Vermont|
|Died||November 18, 1886, at New York’s Chester A. Arthur Residence|
|Cause of Death||Stroke|
|Grave||Albany Country Graveyard, Albany, Nyc, U.S.A|
|Parents||William Arthur > Malvina Stone Arthur|
|Spouse||Nell Arthur, (m. 1859–1880)|
|Children’s||Ellen Hansbrough Herndon Arthur > William Lewis Herndon > Chester Alan Arthur II|
More About Chester A. Arthur
- He was a member of the ultra exclusive Restigouche Salmon Club.
- He was once the president of the New York Arcade Railway Company.
- His first son died suddenly when he was only three years old.
- Arthur owned at least 80 pairs of pants.
- Arthur worked for one of the most prominent law firms in New York City.
List of Presidents in the United States