Facts About Andrew Johnson
|Presidency||Andrew Johnson, 17th President of the United States (April 15, 1865 – March 4, 1869)|
|Political Party||Democratic Party political group (c. 1839–1864, 1868–1875)|
|Born||On December 29th, 1808, near Raleigh, North Carolina, in the United States|
|Died||On July 31st, 1875, in Elizabethton, Tennessee, at age 66|
|Cause of Death||Stroke was the fatal factor|
|Grave||Andrew Johnson Memorial Graveyard, Greeneville, Tennessee, United States|
|Parents||Jacob Johnson but also Mary McDonough are the parents|
|Spouse||Married in 1827: Eliza McCardle|
|Children’s||Martha Johnson Patterson > Robert Johnson > Mary Johnson > Andrew Johnson, Jr. > Charles Johnson|
More About Andrew Johnson
- Andrew Johnson was the tailor, politician, statesman and he have military experience – served in the Civil War.
- His Impeachment proceeding (1868). He breached the Tenure of Office Act by removing Edwin Stanton from his cabinet without the consent of Congress.
- His parents were nearly illiterate and Johnson did not master the basics of reading until he met his wife.
- He was apprenticed to a local tailor at the age of 14.
- Andrew Johnson never went to school.
List of Presidents in the United States